Monday, August 29, 2011

A visit to Grammy & Pops'

In July. I know, but I feel like I wanted to document some more of our summer. We visited over Pioneer Weekend, which meant the Snake River Stampede was going on, and we all went! It was my first ever rodeo and the second for M & E. They had been to the Days of '47 last year with DH. We also visited the Boise Nature Center, along with cousin B, and enjoyed lots of swimming, and had a dinner and fireworks for the 24th. DH and I even got a night out with some friends. It was a fun time and a great chance for the kids to spend time with their grandparents.

The nature center:




Legos are a hit wherever we are

The Downtown Boise Farmer's Market


Snake River Stampede




Enjoying the Fireworks with cousins


While we were there, C received his quilt from Grammy. As is the tradition for our family, it was a barbizon quilt hand-quilted with a unique design. M's is blue with Curious George, E's is green with Circus Elephants, and C got a cream-colored one with race cars. They are all darling and according to M & E, they are "magic" and make it so you're not scared at night. Awesome! Since they take them everywhere, they got theirs out to take pictures on with C and his new quilt. My kids sure are spoiled with quilts from their grandmas (and mom!)




1 comment:

Christine said...

I love the magic quilt tradition!

All your pictures are awesome, but I Love the rodeo pictures. The whole weekend looks like a blast!