Monday, August 29, 2011

A New Bike for a TOO BIG boy!

One day about a month ago, E began to refuse to ride his bike. He loudly protested that it was "TOO SMALL!" and he was "TOO BIG" for it! It was true, he is almost 5 1/2 and was riding on 12" wheels. Since bikes cost a lot and it wasn't his birthday or Christmas, we hesitated to just up and buy him a new bike. So DH looked around and found a not-too-rusty one at DI. We replaced the seat (cost more than the bike!) and took it to him for a surprise. He had been at my parents' house so I could get some rest, so we took it to him there. He was VERY excited! He rode all over and his little legs only had to peddle about 1/2 the time as they did with his old bike.




He had fun riding it in our neighborhood's children's bicycle parade. I dropped him off at the starting point and drove back to near our house to watch the parade. I got a call from DH asking me to come since he had fallen and was hurt. I quickly rushed back and applied 2 band-aids and several kisses and he was off to join the rest of the kids, who had just taken off. No sooner had I gotten back to my spot on the parade route than I saw E WAY out ahead of the rest with 1 other boy. I guess he was worried about being left behind and tore off. DH came along WAY later and was hanging back so E could find him. He didn't know that E had been done with the parade for a while!

E way out ahead of the pack

M riding next to the scouts (red helmet, blue shirt)

DH bringing up the rear looking for E!

No comments: