Monday, August 22, 2011

C is 8 mos!

I know I am still trying to catch up on the rest of July and August, but I had to post this today because my baby is 8 MOS OLD!!

I can't believe it has gone by so FAST, it is absolutely crazy! He is so fun and brings so much to our little family and we love him a lot.


He is doing so much, especially in the past few weeks. Gone are the days of him being content to sit and play with toys. He is not very content anymore unless he is moving and getting into everything. He drags his body with his arms, so he's getting quite the workout, because he is 23.9 lbs. He walks around furniture and goes from one piece of furniture to the next trying to eat computer cords, pull off keys and eat them, slobber remotes, and get his hands on anything that doesn't look like it's for a baby.

We had to move his crib down to the lowest since he was standing up in there and leaning out. We also had to take down the co-sleeper in our room that he could stand up in and get to my shelf I use as a nightstand to try and break lamps, glasses and things. I need to get a gate up to keep him from the stairs now. He is a typical sleeper for our family (probably in between M and E in his sleep habits) and I can live with it okay. I'm glad he likes a binki and will start out the night in his crib. I don't know how many times he wakes a night, because I don't really wake up enough to be aware, but it's more than one, and generally ends up sleeping with us for part of the night and part in his crib. He takes 2-3 naps per day and will still sleep in his carseat most anywhere.


Another thing he LOVES to do is scream. He is VERY loud and will just let out a huge bellowing scream randomly. Mostly when he's happy.

As you can see from the picture, he has 4 teeth now, and is probably working on more. That's why the necklace. I ordered it here, you can read about what it does if you're curious. He is a very effective biter now.

He likes food and will eat most things. I have given him cereals fruits, veggies, and some finger foods (cheerios and puffs and such) He is on an antibiotic for a sinus infection so I am trying to give him yogurt to help counteract and he has done fine with it. He is not huge on green veggies, but we'll keep trying. He prefers to feed himself but will be fed. Sometimes he spits it out all over just so he can fingerpaint with it. Today when he was gleefully spitting pureed carrots all over my white shirt I told him "no" and made a stern face. He burst into tears! I am not used to having sensitive children, so if this lasts it may be a challenge for us.

He will still snuggle when he's tired or not feeling well, and he still likes to nurse (though is a stinker about it if we're not lying down in a quiet room these days) He is a little sweetie and generally happy and his giggles are to die for. We are having fun with all his stages, but are wishing he could stay little longer, he seems in a hurry to catch up to his older brothers, whom he watches mimics and adores!



1 comment:

Christine said...

He just gets cuter and cuter! He seems like such a little character. I love it!