Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Separation Anxiety

My little E is having a hard time since school started yesterday. He has separation anxiety. No, not from me. No, not while he's at school.


The problem starts when he gets home from morning Kindergarten. Yesterday I went and picked him up, and before I could ask how his day was, he asked "when does M come home?" Yes, he is NOT loving being separated from his brother, who has been there with him since he was born and is his rock in this world. Can't do anything about it, I'm sure he will adjust.

Seems like just yesterday I was standing with my backpack and new lunchbox ready to start first grade!

So excited to be going to the same school!

I hope the excitement of wearing a uniform doesn't rub off too soon, 'cause this kid can be stubborn!

M is in the same class with a few of his best friends- lucky!

On the rug and (though nervous) telling me to "go now mom!"


The first day went well overall and M is doing great so far with all day and eating lunch and all that stuff that goes with 1st grade. E seems to take school the way he does most of life- it's a mixed bag and easily swayed by his emotions which he doesn't always share. He will find his way.

I for one am grateful to have some sort of structure to my day and be able to exercise and run errands and work in (sort of) peace. Don't worry, I still get in plenty of playing time with this little ball of energy!


No comments: