Saturday, July 24, 2010

So the big news that is not news to most people

is that I am expecting. I loved being pregnant so much last summer that I couldn't wait to do it again! No really, it is crazy having such close pregnancies (babies less than 15 mos. apart), but who wants to have even more than 5 years between living children? It will already be a task trying to remember how to take care of a baby as it is. Here are a list of noteworthy things so far:

- I am 18 weeks and 2 days along today- so almost halfway there
- I am due on December 23rd- Merry Christmas!
- I am (and have been for a while) in maternity clothes full time- #4 is fun!
- I have been pretty sick, at least as sick as with Nolan, but probably more this time
- No, that doesn't mean it's a girl- because he definitely has boy parts
- The baby is measuring right on so far and there have been no problems with the pregnancy
- We THINK he's healthy, but don't for sure know that he doesn't have a diaphragmatic hernia yet- we were able to rule out some other related defects though.
- Yes, I am very nervous about that and experiencing a lot of (negative) deja vu- especially with having another boy
- The gender has been very hard on the children, especially M- don't ask them if they're excited about another brother unless you want an honest answer.
- No, we aren't for sure on a name yet- we have already chosen 6 boys' names so far, (including middles) and it is hard coming up with more! Interestingly enough it is far easier than choosing a girls' name though.
- Yes- I am excited about the thought of having a baby in the house again someday- hopefully it is this one that gets to come home!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations Kinz! I am so excited for you and for your family. I have another friend who lost a baby about the same time as you and she is pregnant again as well. I know there must be some major challenges and I think you are so awesome for being so brave! We'll pray that you will have a healthy pregnancy and look forward to meeting your new little guy!

Natasha said...

CONGRATULATIONS Kinz! That is so exciting for you guys!

Mikelle Auman-Williams said...

Lovely! I am so happy for you! Let us know if you need anything.

Christine said...

Thank you for filling in the details and congrats again! I'm glad that things are looking good so far and I'm praying my heart out that they continue to go well with your little man.

It's a hard situation for sure, especially when you bring in the fears of your older kids.

As always, please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything! I want to help!

Summer said...

Yeah for you! We're less than 5 weeks apart! Apparently there are a lot of boys up in heaven fighting for a spot in your home. :)
I'm sorry you have the added stresses. Does he have an increased chance of the hernia? We're praying for the best.