Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Camping with a lot of people

We went camping with my mom's side of the extended family this past weekend for 3 days, it was really fun for my kids to not be the only kids- they have no cousins on my side but have a lot of second cousins just their ages! I think we had about 50 people by the last night. We did skits in a bag, crafts, games, and had a lot of good food. I have fond memories of camping with all these same people every year as a child and it was fun to start the tradition up again.

We got waterfront property at our spot, the boys loved throwing rocks into the water


With Uncle B playing along and making awesome weapons out of rocks and sticks, the kids fought battles and built a rock wall, all the while alternating between being Nephites/Lamanites and ancient Aztecs and Egyptians. The picture is them building the rock wall.

They loved wearing their hats from Grandma and Grandpa

Thought I'd throw in proof that I'm still around- not a lot of pictures get taken of me but here is one with me wearing my sister's hat

Painting rocks

The Great-Grandparents looking on while the kids crafted

E in the hat he decorated with fabric markers

Some of the second cousins with their decorated hats

They are so cooperative with pictures

To partially clean off and really cool off we ended the whole thing with some swimming. I really tried to play with my kids but they would have nothing to do with me when Grandpa was available! He got climbed a lot, the poor guy.

Fun mushroom thing at the pool that the boys said was an alien ship trying to "abtuct" them to outer space.

And what all camping trips (should) end in! I had to scrape pine gum off their legs with my fingernails, that was fun!

Now only 4 more days until our next camping trip- this time just the 4 of us. We'll have to see if they enjoy nature so much with only each other to play with!

2 comments:

Dot said...

The camping was really fun. I counted, and 58 people participated at least part time in the camp experience. Can't wait until next year.

Natasha said...

Love you in that hat! You should get one! Sounds like it was great camping trip, pine gum on the legs and all!