Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pioneer Weekend

Pioneer weekend started last Wed. when we went to the Treehouse Museum to participate in the "pioneer school" activity. Thursday was the days of '47 rodeo (just DH and the boys) and Saturday we did slip 'n slide and a cookout and fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa's. A fun time was had! I couldn't help wishing that pioneer day fell sometime when it was a) not as hot and b) not in July (I hate that people mix it up with patriotic themes, which it has little/nothing to do with). Oh well!



Getting ready to leave- in their most "cowboyish" clothes

(remember the vest E is wearing- yep, it was too small last summer)



2 comments:

Mariam said...

Looks like you have had lots of fun. E looks so cute in his little cowboy get-up.
I agree that it is so hard to celebrate everything in July, just too hot for too much fun. (Plus we have extra birthdays and what not).
Try to keep cool. You are such a fun mom.

Christine said...

Did the pioneers have slushies and cotton candy? :)

I love how you celebrate your holidays. There always seem to be a tribute to the origins. I need to steal some of your ideas!

I can't believe that vest still fits E!!