Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We're creating..........

Bitter cold+"red" air quality+2 people w/asthma= staying inside a lot.

Of course, there is always school, but the novelty of having me as a teacher is wearing off and the boys don't get as excited about vowels and fire safety as they would for someone else. And who wants to cook and clean more than is necessary, really?

So......... to jazz it up, we always have the projects, right?

There are now funky knobs in our kitchen



A cat glows in the office (this is the only type of cat allowed in our home)


My glasses now have a much cozier, woolier place to hang out



Our fridge is a brighter place with E's paintings


M and I worked together to build the Lego set I got for Christmas from DH- What? Did I say I got a Lego set for Christmas? Yes, I did. A camper.


We are never wanting for "kewl knight set-ups"


And a new quilt will soon grace our house for no practical reason.
(and much more sewing has been done-for other people)


I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying not having to weed or mow!

7 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

What fun projects! I love the mis-matched knobs in the kitchen. I'm pretty smitten with the quilt too. It's nice to make something for yourself every once in a while.

allie said...

amazing, you are the most creative person I know! I love the knobs and everything else!

Mariam said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the quilt. Super cute. I thought of you when I saw it, maybe it will inspire me to make one of my own......
I love the kitchen knobs too. I love how you are putting your own eclectic style into every corner of your house (and not in a crazy what was she thinking way).

annzy said...

i'm lik'in what i'm see'in the lay'in, and those are some sweet legos ~give in to the darkside.

boisegrammy said...

That quilt is so YOU. It is necessary to occasionally make one for yourself. (Would you please remind me of that someday?)

Is the camper a foreshadowing of future ownership?

Jody said...

That is a sweet Lego set!!

Orange said...

I'm glad you finally learned how to speak lay'un, Ann. And Diane, it's good to occasionally make yourself a quilt :)

Also, NO we will not ever own a camper, we are tent people. I just think camper toys are just about the cutest ever. Maybe next I'll get the playmobil or Little People versions.