Friday, October 30, 2009

A Note about Nolan


I hate having to write this, but for anyone who may read this blog and didn't know, we had Nolan Ray early in the morning on October 9th and had to say goodbye to him later that night due to complications from a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. His liver and some other organs were in his chest cavity preventing his lungs from developing and putting pressure on his heart as it formed. Not a lot of babies survive this- especially his type (right side, liver up) Additionally, he was undiagnosed before his birth- it wasn't caught on our ultrasound for some reason. It has been 3 weeks today and we are stumbling through the grieving process as best we can. We appreciate all the generous friends and family who have helped us so far- and continue to love and support us as we go through the loss of our sweet little boy.

He was a big handsome boy (10 lbs. 2 oz. 22") with beautiful red hair and looked a lot like his big brothers.

6 comments:

Natasha said...

The picture of your boys all together in their hats is so precious! Love your guts.

Kristine said...

I'm glad you posted. I didn't want to leave a message on your blog, but I couldn't find your email address either. I wanted to let you know your family has been in our hearts and in our prayers. (((((HUG))))) What beautiful pictures.

Christine said...

Hugs K. You have a beautiful family. We're praying for your family and hope that you'll let us know if you need anything.

The Sagers said...

I love you. I hope you know what a great mother you are. Those pictures are precious. We'll be praying for you.

Katie said...

Kinz! I have been thinking about you a lot and hope that you are doing well! It can be so hard to go through this post delivery period and not have a baby. You are in our prayers! I wish I could have been there is person. Your pictures are so beautiful! What a beautiful eternal family!

shelly said...

I knew this post was coming but I was dreading it for you--talk about tough. What a beautiful post about Nolan. Those are three sweet boys. Love you!