Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Festivities Continued

Our Halloween was pretty good. We had Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Whitney over for a Spaghetti dinner, then suited up for the candy begging. Grandpa and the DH stayed home and handed out candy with a few of the neighbors. They sat around a propane fire pit to stay warm. After we'd hit quite a few houses (the boys thought it was pretty cool to go to our old house) we joined them at the fire to drink hot cider and eat candy. A fun time was had.




On Wednesday we visited the library with some friends for a parade and fun songs and stories. They even had trick-or-treating (because we need more of that!) It was fun.


I forgot to include in our halloween festivities our trip to Gardner Village to see the Witches. This year it was only me, the boys, and Grandma. We went on the 6th when I was 3 days overdue trying to get labor to keep going. It didn't really work that day, but I got really tired!



The next day (7th) for school we talked about castles and knights and we made one out of some of our moving boxes. The coats of arms were based on actual families' coats from medieval times.


And lastly, a few days ago E pulled a bucket of wheat down on himself and it got him in the face. He took the worst of it in his chin, and got 5 stitches at the ER. His eye was pretty swollen for a few days, but he is doing pretty good now.


6 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh my goodness! Poor E! no more wheat for him!

Lucy van Pelt said...

I can't believe E got stitches from pulling something down. I thought for sure it would be from falling after climbing up something. Or was he trying to climb the bucket of wheat? Either way, OUCH!

The boys look so great in their costumes and it's fun that they got to wear them more than once.

annzy said...

i love that E takes after his old man. I love seeing what my boys are up to.

shelly said...

Holy cow, I had no idea that happened to E, that looks terrible. I'm glad he's doing better.

Christine said...

Ouch, poor E! That looks awful!

Besides E's accident you guys look great. I love the way the costume turned out, he's so creative.

Kristine said...

Oh poor E!!! Ouch!

Your Halloween sounded great! Sitting by a warm fire, drinking hot cider with good company! Nice!