Saturday, June 20, 2009

See my vest, see my vest, made of real gorilla chest.....

I just had to do a whole post dedicated in its entirety to THE VEST. We were shopping at the DI a week or so ago and E saw this from afar and shouted "Mommy, you have to go over there!" It was love at first sight. I told him it was too small as he promptly whipped it off the hanger and started wrestling his right arm into it, but he couldn't hear me, he was in another place.

That place was apparently somewhere where he envisioned himself wearing said vest 24-7 with anything and everything. Pajamas, basketball shorts, church clothes, swimsuit, clone wars undies, nothing, you get the picture. The DH could not refuse the purchase, and at the register it was even unexpectedly 1/2 off the $4 touted on the price tag.

He is proud to wear his vest, and protests loudly when forced to wear a shirt underneath, as he feels it should count as a top unto itself. He even creatively requested a tank-top undershirt under it this morning. He wasn't happy when I told him that didn't count either.

One night (he was wearing the vest of course) while hiking in a cemetery with my parents and brother (I know.?) it started to rain violently and his vest got soaking wet. After that near-fatal incident and subsequent drying period he is now very protective of it and even took it off today at the farmers market when it was getting a bit wet.

This vest is niiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccceeee! (while rubbing it up and down repeatedly)


And the backside


He says that when it gets too little for him (ha) he is going to give it to M. The funny part is that actually makes sense, since M tried it on and it was a whole lot easier to snap up.

8 comments:

Jason said...

Another fantastic post and the second great title in a row. Both made me laugh out loud.

Kristine said...

That is so funny and really cute!

Mariam said...

I laughed so hard. I love E!
It reminds me that K found a black faux fur stole the other day at DI too. She found it and sighed, "Ohhhhhh, mom, it's so pretty and soft" So, she sported the beautiful stole with her jeans and shorts all week. Kids are fun and crazy.

P.S. I agree with Jason, awesome blog titles. Too funny,

Lucy van Pelt said...

Love this! E is so cute and funny. I'll be sad to hear what happens when it doesn't fit him any more for real.

sara said...

So much fun!!! My mom has 2 vests like that at her house, and she's had them since David & Mark were little - so 30 years or so....and they're still going strong. Isaac just discovered them a few weeks ago after we went to a rodeo, and he's hooked, too. Your boys are so cute!

Christine said...

LOL, that's awesome!!!! You can just see the adoration in his eyes. Do you think it's really made of gorilla chest? :) LOVE IT!

boisegrammy said...

Remind me to get out the sheepskin vest (if I can find it) when you are here next time. It isn't nearly as classy as the gorilla chest one, but it is larger.

Summer said...

still laughing out loud...