Saturday, June 20, 2009

But not a real green dress, that's cruel.....

Ignore the fact that I'm big as a house and have no make-up on and focus on the dress. This is what I spent most of yesterday doing. I made mock-ups of two dresses I had using an old sheet that had torn. The first looked like a mu-mu, and it is now my new nightgown. The second was just crooked and bizarre looking. Finally, out of sheet, I decided to do the third and final dress using the green linen I had gotten to make the dress. It was kind of scary, since if I messed up the fabric was shot. I used a pattern I had gotten when I was 18. It was several sizes too small and definitely NOT a maternity pattern. It was a lot of cutting up the pattern and reshaping, measuring again and again, etc.. I made the front way longer and it still goes up in the front! Oh well, in the end I was pretty happy with how it turned out. E said it was a Peter Pan dress. I think it looks better in real life, but maybe I just have a better image of myself in my head!


9 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute!

Mariam said...

I REALLY like it. You might have to help me make one...someday.

Katie said...

Kinz, you are a clever girl! I'm so impressed! The dress is so cute! For some reason, this reminded me of a sketch from the Carol Burnett show called "Went with the Wind" where Carol/Scarlett O'Hara shows Capt Butler her green dress made from tapestries. Check it out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nt0yi4wbro (skip forward about 3 minutes to see the scene I was talking about.)

Amber said...

So cute! Definitely in love with this dress! Great job!! :)

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm totally impressed with your mad sewing skillz! The dress turned out really cute and you look darling.

Sam said...

Cute! And a lot of work, but good job!

Kristine said...

I really like it! You did a great job!

boisegrammy said...

I am so glad that I am related to creative you by marriage. Do you think some of that creativity could rub off on me? The dress turned out great.

Christine said...

I think it's cute! I'm glad it turned out. Peter Pan dress or not, I'd totally wear it too :)