Monday, April 20, 2009

A New House


Well, we are moved in and trying to settle into our new home. It feels really weird, and I keep wondering when we'll be going home. We are loving the new, bigger kitchen, the laundry room, and having a master bathroom with a shower. We are NOT used to hearing our neighbors' phone ring, their kids playing, etc.. We got very used to living on a corner next to a barn and not really hearing much of anything, so that will take some getting used to. We have a problem with our phone service, so still don't have a phone. It is also weird for the boys having no TV, but they'll get used to it eventually. Right now I'm "borrowing" a neighbors' internet (thanks Kevin!) but we hope to be able to get some kind of service eventually. We enjoyed walking to church yesterday, now that we are much closer. I think we have things at least somewhat in the room they go in, and are making lists of things we need for repairs and such.

Most of all, I am SO grateful to all the wonderful friends and family who moved stuff, watched the kids, cleaned, and helped us out when we needed it desperately. THANK YOU!!!

Here are some pictures of our messy, not yet put together house: (it's not letting me- AGAIN! I will try later)

4 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

YAY! I know it will take some getting used to, but I'm so happy that you're mostly settled in the new home.

Kristine said...

Wow congratulations! Where are you now?

shelly said...

I wish I could have helped more but at least Boyd was able to. I can't wait to see the new house and really if I can take the boys anytime please give me a call!!

McGinnis Family said...

Looks like a very cute home! Heck, even sounds cute and fun to live in!!!