Wednesday, August 27, 2008

6 Quirky things about me, or "Why I'm a Loser"

My friend Mury did this so I thought I'd give it a whirl. (to avoid chores I need to be doing)

So, here are six quirky things about me, or at least what I think are different than the norm:

1) I didn't watch a single Olympic event (hangs head in shame) I think it's great that they have the olympics and all, but no interest in watching whatsoever. I've never seen American Idol, Biggest Loser, etc.. I don't like to watch the news. (Listen to it on NPR) I really don't want to watch something on TV if it's real. The only reason for me would be to watch something pretend to take my mind of real things.

2) I HATE Diet Coke (I know, how am I even a woman, let alone a mom) In fact, all carbonation makes me sick so I stick to juice, water, and milk.

3) This is the same as Mury's. I don't make my bed. I'm just going to mess it up again (at naptime) so it would only be "made" for a few hours- and who in the world is going to see it.

4) I've never been skiing and I have lived in Utah most of my life.

5) This is hard to explain- but everything I think is very visual (I'm a visual learner) Like numbers are black on white and go up from 0 in a vertical line, down from 0 in a vertical line. Months/dates are in a circle with Jan. at the bottom and July at the top. I can't think a number, date, letter, etc.. without "seeing" it in it's place in my head. Maybe this is normal?

6) I don't worry about things I "should" like dying, accidents with my kids, etc.. But I do have a deathly fear of getting my picture taken, packing, and falling down stairs.

So what are your quirks? Please do tell.

5 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

A fear of packing? Now that's a new one. I may have to share 6 quirky things about myself. I don't make my bed either for the same reason you do.

Mariam said...

I have never been skiing either, and I think it is way cool that you think pictures. I am so jealous.

Jill Hess said...

Okay I am so with you on the diet coke thing, the skiing thing and I visualize the months in circle too, but my December is at the top and my June at the bottom.

Marf said...

Kins - I love you and your quirks! Boring people don't have quirks - good thing we are not boring! My quirks are too numerous to mention and many too odd to admit. But I must say that I iron my slips.

Summer said...

it's scary how alike we are...ok except for our fears and our tv preferences (and just so you know, reality tv is NOT real, not even close)
thanks for the chuckle :)