Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday today mom!

My mom is now officially a half century old, and she looks great!
A lot of you have known about this, but I wasn't able to blog about it because it was a surprise party. Unfortunately, she knew something was up because of something she read on dad's PDA. (Dad!) She didn't know WHO was doing it, so that was a surprise.

On Saturday night, we invited her siblings, parents, friends from HS, college, recent years, etc... to come celebrate her birthday with us. We had almost 100% turnout, which was awesome. It was great fun eating, watching her blow out all 50 candles (yes, she did it) and eating the gigantic cake I made her. Yesterday, we had a little family dinner and ate the rest of the cake. Dad got her a new ipod to replace the one she lost. I made her a scrapbook of her life that many of us contributed to. It was so fun to go through her old funny stuff she'd saved and see the old pictures.

I couldn't have done this without her dear friend Diane, whose house we had the party at. She provided food, a beautiful house, and a lot more.

I can now focus on getting the preschool stuff done before next Tuesday when it starts!





6 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

That cake was beautiful! E and M look like they were happy helpers too.

Katie said...

Seriously! You are a cake pro, Kins! If I lived in Utah, I would request lessons. It looks like your mom had a great birthday. My mom is turning 50 this year too, so I'll have to take notes. I'm sure that your scrapbook was priceless. What a neat gift!

Mariam said...

Looked like lots of fun, and the cake turned out great. Congrats on a job well done.

Bek said...

How fun is that! You put a ton of work into her b-day between the party and the scrapbook; what a great daughter!

Christine said...

Ah, happy birthday Kinsey's mom! That cake looks AWESOME.

My mom recently told me she didn't feel old when she turned fifty. She started feeling old when I, her oldest child, turned thirty. Weird parents . . .

Summer said...

wow on the cake. lbh kins, where did you get that talent, and could you let a little rub off on me?
Happy B-day Dot! I'm glad it was a success.