Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend

It took up the better part of our weekend, but we got the boys a new bed, mattresses, and sheets and set up their bedroom. We are slowly getting used to the new beds. M is scared to be up that high, but is adjusting. So far (after the first night anyway) it has worked at getting E to sleep through the night! Hooray, 2 nights in a row now, pretty much since birth! We had to eliminate a dresser, get some bins and a bookshelf, and hang some hooks, but I think it will work. I just can't believe how small their room looks now!


On Monday, after the bed errands were done, we had our 4th monthly disney party at my parents. We ate fish & chips & smores and watched Peter Pan. This is a group shot of us "being pirates" If you look close, you can see my dad has donned an earring for the occasion.


Also, I just want to say that my last post referred primarily to people having a normal, low-risk pregnancy. I cannot stress enough how grateful I am that we have doctors and hospitals for people at risk, with problems, sick, etc... Many of my friends and family have been saved by the life-saving technology and expertise found at hospitals. In the documentary I mentioned, the producer, who planned a homebirth, had a c-section and a premature baby in the end, so it doesn't just show the one side, and I'm sorry if I discounted the importance of birth interventions for those who need them.

7 comments:

Summer said...

cute bed!
ps. I've been going through old home videos (a project for Father's day) and finding some great stuff from HS, man were we cool! :)

shelly said...

That is so great that they are now in bunk beds, it looks great. I didn't know you had such a busy weekend! I really hope it helps E sleep through the night, I can't even imagine.
I hope I didn't make you feel bad about your last post, I was worried when I went to bed about my comment. I want you to know I really appreciate your opinions.
The Disney party looked like fun, what a great family you have!

Mariam said...

Fun big boy beds. You always have such fun party ideas. I bet M loved the pirate theme.

Christine said...

Ahoy there, me hardies! You guys look like you have so much fun :)

The boys room looks awesome. Are they loving it still?

Natasha said...

2 things-
I LOVE the red walls in the boys room. . .of course I do!

I also LOVE the quilt on E's bed! That's so great that he is sleeping through the night!

When do you take your much anticipated "Disney" vacation?

Bek said...

What a fun party!

Orange said...

Disney World is in Sept. so still awhile away but you have to plan these things in advance you know :)