Monday, May 5, 2008

Jam and Sports

For more exciting news, check out the recent purchase on my DH's blog.

I keep meaning to post about this, but never remember. My boys are beginning to like sports. I thought they were doomed to be like me, but maybe there is hope, esp. for E, who seems to have a bit more natural ability. Grammy & Pops gave E a T-ball set for his birthday, and the boys have really both been enjoying it. Of course, since our May has looked like
<--this at times, the opportunities have not been as plentiful yet, but they're really having fun. M is learning to kick a soccer ball as well, and has expressed interest in playing on a team someday. We also play a LOT of board games, since it's all M wants to do. I have been teaching him to play checkers to prepare him to learn chess when he's 4. It really does increase their IQ by a lot, so I thought why not? (I knew a few non-nerdy guys growing up that played, so I don't think I'm ruining him for life)

I made 6 batches of strawberry freezer jam the other day, and my arm still HURTS! I have always thought my arms were strong, but this really isn't something anyone should do without taking a break. Constant stirring for like 2 hours, not recommended. I tried to enlist some help, but he got tired pretty fast. The jam is really good though, and may actually the DH awhile, so I guess is was worth it. (Your welcome, honey.)

Also, we had a great Day away from the kids for the first time ever! I surprised DH and we went to the Melting Pot and a nearby hotel in SLC. We got to actually sleep in! (except for housekeeping knocking every 20 minutes all morning) It was nice to just veg and not have to worry about getting kids to bed for once. A big thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for doing that for us!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I wish I were you this weekend.....gettin' a minivan, eating amazing food and just hanging out with DH (my DH, of course).

Christine said...

Yummm, strawberry jam! It's on my list too.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your overnighter! Very nice :)

Natasha said...

we are on our last jar of Strawberry jam! I can't wait till the strawberries are on our here so we can make more!

I'm so glad you got a little break! Those are much needed!

Mariam said...

I think one of the neatest parts of being a mom is watching the little personalities of your kids develop. The kids never stop surprising me, but at the same time it is surprising how much we already know about these little people.
I am so happy for you and your mini-van. They are lots of fun. And here is your official WELCOME, to the club.