Friday, May 9, 2008

5 Years Now

I can't believe I graduated from College 5 years ago! It doesn't seem that long ago, and I don't feel that old. Next year I'll have my 10 yr. HS reunion. Crazy. So here was me, 5 years ago, in our apartment, posing with my stuff on. (I had on fishnets, which I thought would be really cool with my robe, but from far away they just looked gray or something, oh well)


If I had stuck to my program, I would have just paid off my "loan" a year ago, having taught in Utah for 4 years to "pay back" my education. As it was, I ended up paying the old-fashioned way, with money, thanks to some helpers to whom I will be forever indebted. I don't know that I even want to be a Social Studies Secondary Ed. teacher anymore, now that I am actually a little older and know what my interests actually are (I chose my career at 16 or 17 and was locked in) Don't really know what I want to be when I "grow up," but right now I'm a mom, and that's enough for the time being.

In short, it's been a crazy last 5 years, and having boys that are 3 and 2 is insane sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only adult that isn't sure of what she wants to be when she grows up!! We've got plenty of time to decide, change our minds and decide again :)

Happy anniversary, btw!

Bek said...

Happy Moms Day!

Summer said...

has it really been five years? wow. where did the time go?