Sunday, February 3, 2008

Crazy College Days

Okay, I've been working on scanning in old "pre-digital" photos so that if my house burns, yada yada. Anyway, we were weird in college. I thought some of you may get a kick out of these. Or you'll just think even less of me.

This is our second date. I made brocolli cheese soup, hashbrowns with peppers, and OJ. Why this odd combo? Well, for some reason, I had made up this thing that I was a "food psychologist" and would tell people what food they were and why. So, as I went on about this and met Gage, he asked what food he was. He was the hashbrowns. Apparently, I had assigned myself brocolli soup. So, I made him this dinner to see if our foods "went together" or not. How weird is that? We are all dressed up because I sent him a fancy invitation for the date and it said to wear a suit. (keep in mind this is winter in Logan and I have very little money- maybe you'll understand) I think after we watched Star Wars. So romantic.
We had this chair that was supposed to go in our living room, but we spent a lot of time together in the kitchen, so we put ours in there and Sum used to sit there a lot to correct math homework (her job) Gage and I sat in it a lot together. Because of that, we once took it to campus and took pictures in it.
Becki and Sum were the ward activities directors. Once we had a dinner with taco salads for the ward. We thought it was funny how much lettuce was in the fridge, so we took a picture. Why I decided to put mine on my head is still a mystery.
We liked to sing and dance a lot. Me and Mel preferred the sound quality of the wooden spoon.
Who says only 4 year old girls play dress up?

Me and the 12 string I used to play a lot.

For halloween, we went as angels. Super cheesy. I don't know where Tash is, I guess taking the picture.
Me and my roomate Tash sitting on my bed. I miss you Tash, it's been forever!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Oh my word, Kins. I was laughing so hard at this post, mostly because it brought back so many fun and funny memories. Ah, thanks for the nostalgia. I miss those days. I love the date story and had forgotten about the food psychologist thing. You crack me up!
Cute new blog background btw.

Summer said...

ps. can I borrow your pants?

Summer said...

pps. becki in a robe with a towel on her head. nuf said.
oh the memories just keep coming!

Christine said...

This is awesome!!!!! I loved looking at these pictures, how fun! It looks like you had a great time :)

Natasha said...

"what would you do if I ate my dinner under the table?"

We both look sooooo young in that picture. Can you believe we are old married ladies with 2 kids (well me with 1.5. . )

yep, college sure was a good time!