Monday, January 14, 2008

The worst is over

Primary went okay. I think I faked the confidence enough to fool people. There were some things that I didn't think through though, like how sunbeams coming up and holding pictures doesn't quite work for everyone to see them-didn't think of that! I think next week I'll be much less nervous.

A funny thing- for the game I told the kids I had forgotten to do my hair that day and had all these little girl bows with songs on the back. They got to pick one and put the bow in my hair, so I looked awesome after 6 of those! Anyway, one of the teachers told me the boy sitting next to her said very seriously that "she doesn't need all those bows, I think it looked better before." I was wondering why nobody was laughing except a few teachers- they took me totally seriously!

After Jr. Primary (and it went over) I had to run to nursery because they were waiting for me. So I didn't have time to take off all the bows and was running down the hall pulling them out. I felt the need to explain to all the people I passed because I just looked so silly. I did the same game in nursery and I think it was way over their heads. They just wanted to do ring around the rosies. So we did.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

What a cute idea! That was so sweet of the little boy to notice your natural beauty....he will make a girl happy one day! :)

Summer said...

I guess I should keep reading before I comment huh?
That is AWESOME kins. Sounds like you did great. What a good idea. See, you're perfect for the job! You'll ease into it.

Mariam said...

Sounds like you did a great job. You already figured out the trick, keep it easy, keep it simple and relax. You'll do great.

Christine said...

It sounds like fun! I wish you had a picture of your new 'do though :) I'm glad it went well.

Marf said...

You are doing an awesome job!! I told you that if you feel like an idiot then you are doing it right! It sounds like you are perfect for your calling! What a cute idea! Good luck - just a hint: you may want to keep some Coke in your fridge for after church, sometimes I needed it! :)