Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Peaceful Thanksgiving

I hope you all have a peaceful thanksgiving with good food, family, and no throwing mashed potatoes at your brother.




I have been doing this today:

It's just not the same without Evelyn's rolls, green bean casserole, and cream pudding. Even if we're not in Boise this year, we will be having these fine staples. (you're welcome, DH)

Some things I am especially grateful for: (the order means nothing)
1- My Family. I have 12 great brothers/sisters/BIL's/SIL's and a few sets of parents I couldn't live without. And of course there's my sweet boys.
2- My home. We have painted, sanded, ripped up, put back together, and I'm sure bled on this place for the past 16 mos. It's not perfect, but it's mine.
3- That I have such a great husband with which to share not only this life but all those to come.
4- My friends. Not only do I have many wonderful "old" friends I remain close to, but I have had the good fortune of making many new ones this past year. I hope to find many more along the way.
5- My sewing machine. We're good buds and work together almost daily. I love the creative release that this hunk of metal allows me.
6- Velcro and microwaves. I feel sorry for all those mothers that somehow survived before these were invented.
7- The internet. I truly believe that a link to the outside world (at our convenience, no less) can be the determining factor between a happy mom and a depressed, isolated one.
8- The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace it brings to my life. I really am a happier person when I'm trying my hardest to abide by the principles of the Gospel.
9- My brain and all the wonderful things it can imagine, work through, invent, and comprehend. It may not be the smartest one out there, but it's done me good so far.
10- Books. Until I find another way to relax, calm down, escape, or learn so easily, I'm stickin' with 'em.
11- (just in case my mom reads this, I have to end with 11 just to bug her) My ability and opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom. For me, can't beat it.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Those rolls look AMAZING!

Gage said...

So, I just counted up the rolls in the picture and there are 98. I think there might be enough for leftover turkey sandwiches, but just maybe.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm making the rolls and cream pudding tonight for the Seattle festivities. They just can't be beat. I threatened to buy rolls and Colin about had a coniption.

Christine said...

Well said!

I have to know, how many people will be at your dinner? Oh, and having tasted your baking, I would love your roll recipe :)

Have a great Thanksgiving!