Sunday, October 14, 2007

Our first time in Nursery

Today I went to nursery for the first time ever. Kind of rare for the mother of a 3 year old, but it's true. Yesterday E turned 18 mos. and joined his brother in nursery for the first time today! He did fine until (and I could have predicted this) someone took "his" toy, then there was no calming him down and was screaming for me. I teach Valiant 10 with the DH right next door so I could easily hear him and went in to investigate.
It was interesting to be in there. While they struggled to get them to sit on little squares of carpet, a lady who I can only assume was trying to teach a lesson was up there talking to herself about being grateful for animals. The one girl in there was listening, I think. (she had her eyes closed) The 7 boys were all poking each other in the ears, taking off various articles of clothing, climbing into the closet, picking gum off the bottom of chairs, and one was still trying to say a prayer I think. It was crazier than I thought and I truly feel for the sunbeam teachers who inherit many of these kids in January. I eventually snuck back out and E did pretty well the rest of the time. The teacher was in the hall "for a walk" with him when I went to pick him up, but he was okay. Just had to get out of that closet-sized room that nursery #4 meets in. I guess I've been lucky until now with M. We sent him a few months early even, but he's never once cried or had a problem. Here is a picture of E with the picture he "colored" on his first day!

4 comments:

annzy said...

Yeah E~

Lucy van Pelt said...

What a big boy! And cute to. Yay for nursery!

Jessie said...

I'm sure he'll be accustomed to it in no time! I can feel for the closet-sized rooms....they're suffocating!

Christine said...

What a mad house. I hope he's feeling more comfortable in there soon. He looks adorable in the picture!