Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pokes today

Sorry about all the changes to my blog template. I guess I still haven't figured out who I am. I need to take a minute and figure out how to make it look better by changing the code, but I never get the time.

Thanks to everyone to voting on my poll about E's hair. I will not be cutting it. M however..... well, the closest thing I can describe him looking like lately is a warewolf. Also, I really like Christina Applegate's new hair and am thinking about cutting mine yet again. Long hair is just too hard to maintain, but short makes me look older and fatter, so I never know what to do. I just don't want people thinking I'm a lot older than I am, ya know?

Also, I got out my journal last night, thinking "it's been maybe even like 2 years since I've written in this, I should really catch up." Well, when I opened it up it had been over 5 years since I'd written in it! Of course, it took me a long time to try and re-cap each year and start writing again. But I got feeling really prompted to start writing, so here I go. I'll try, but the blogging may suffer. Just a warning to all 2 people that care!

The boys each got 3 shots today. (well, E got two shots and once iron test) E's iron is back to normal levels! I decided to go ahead and do the Chicken Pox vaxes, which I'd been holding off and which I still don't know if I feel okay about doing. But what's done is done. New research came out on the effects of Chicken Pox on Asthama and I really don't want M's asthama getting worse. I guess that's what made me change my mind. Of course my Ped. is stoked, since she is probably the most pro-vax Dr. I've gone to so far. She was amazed at E's growth. He is now only 50% for weight he has slimmed down so much. He's also very tall for his age.

M is average for all, as usual. She reassured me he was normal for hating all peels, crusts, and pajamas without buttons. At least we've successfully given up the binki! Now, insted, he just gets out of bed every 5 minutes at night and strips naked. Isn't 3 fun!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

That is too funny about hating PJ's with buttons! What a cute kid!

Glad E's results are good!

Sam said...

The crust-aversion is still going at 4. And have you enjoyed the peeing in the living room? That was our 3rd year...okay, so still sometimes in his room. It's like raising a puppy, I swear.

Bek said...

That's so funny, he strips down naked all night! Lily doesn't like the crust either. She's iffy on peels, sometimes I can get her to eat them. She has gotten better recently. I don't know what to do with Jackson though. We can't get him to eat what we're eating for the life of us! All he likes is babyfood and junk food. So naturally he eats babyfood for dinner every night. I've never seen such a picky child. We've tried putting it on his tray, we've tried force feeding. His head is still off the charts (I'm having to have it measured again), but he's still like 10th in height and weight. What do you do?

Christine said...

So developmentally, when are kissed supposed to develop their own opinions? Doesn't it drive you bonkers?! :)

I totally cheat on my journal. Any time I post on the blog or write an update email to family or friends, I copy it into a file that I call my journal. And if there's something more personal that I can't or won't share, I just type. Every two or three years I put in a handwritten entry, but I figure that the info is more important than the text, ya know?

Christine said...

Oops, that should say kids, not kissed!

Lucy van Pelt said...

You need to count blogging as journaling. You may need to put some more personal things in a separate journal, but this blog is such a great documentation of you, your family, and your life. I like the new template too, but it might need just a tad more orange.