Thursday, November 10, 2011

A fun Halloween

It was a pretty good Halloween. C was sick and didn't get quite all the attention he needed from me that day, but I had a lot of help from my mom so he wasn't neglected by any means. The day started with a field trip with the Kindergarten to a nearby farm that had a ton of fun activities for the kids. I had fun hanging out with E and 4 other kids (it was also a lot of work- I won't lie) After that we raced to get C from my mom, grab lunch, do some last-minute grocery shopping, and get back to jump into costumes while DH pulled M out of school early for his office's annual trick-or-treat party (yes, it was during school hours?!) After the party, we got dinner on and had a fun meal with my mom and brother and sister. DH went trick-or-treating for his first time with the kids and I took them out again for another street. It was a fun night.

We had 2 Harry Potters this year (couldn't convince E to be Ron)


and Charlie Brown, who else?

DH was "Roger Workman" from the TV show LOST (Benjamin Linus' dad)

I let C chew on a dum-dum sucker. He seemed to enjoy both ends equally.


One thing the kids had been dying to try was bobbing for apples. It is always talking about it in Halloween story books and they had never had a chance. So after dinner, we stripped off shirts and bobbed. They also really wanted Grandma to do it with them. She was a VERY good sport and proved to be good at getting that apple too ;)




1 comment:

Christine said...

Your costumes are fabulous! Looks like your hard work paid off. All your boys seem awfully happy!