Monday, April 11, 2011

"Spring Break"

"Our Very First Spring Break Ever" OR "Why I'm so Exhausted"

This is a picture of our house during spring break. We did a lot of inside activities.

M and E both FINALLY (at least in M's case) learned to ride without the training wheels. I don't have a picture of M, but he is SUPER proud of himself. Still very cautious compared to E, but he's the one with only one ER trip under his belt, so I appreciate it that there are all kinds. Anyway, they rode a bit when it wasn't raining or snowing during the week.


Last Friday was our first day off school. First we had to do a bunch of April Fools jokes. It was fun. I pinned their jackets and underwear together, stuffed their shoes with bags, put ice under their cereal, dyed the milk blue, and made up a huge story about a hot air balloon in the bishop's backyard. That last one they thought was mean, they really were excited about seeing the balloon.





Later on Friday, we went to the dinosaur park in Ogden. The boys had a ton of fun with their friends and I got a huge sunburn on my arms and neck. That pretty much concluded the warm weather portion of our break.

Here is Saturday. E has a matching shirt with C and wanted to wear it "for conference." (?) Aren't they cute? After the conference sessions, me and the boys joined my mom and sister for dinner and then dyed Easter eggs while the guys attended the priesthood session and went to dinner.
On Sunday between sessions, we had a pretend Easter, since we will all be out of town for Easter. Here is the scavenger hunt, which has become a tradition since my Uncle Kelly did it for them.



The prizes at the end were pez and legos and new hats for all!

They hunted candy-filled eggs inside during the hailstorm.

The end of the afternoon session- C chillin' with Uncle Chase. (He's single ladies- look how good he is with kids!)

After that the boys stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's for a sleepover and she took them to a movie & lunch the next day!

Tuesday we visited my good friend Becki at her house. Lunch and bike riding for the boys while the moms and babies visited, good times!

Wednesday we got to meet up with another friend, Mariam. M's request for the break was to visit the Hill Air Force Museum with his friend D. He got his wish and a fun time was had by all!

C insisted on wearing his airplane shirt.

5 boys

The 3 boys who actually cared about the planes.

Thursday a group of friends got together at the Clearfield Aquatic Center for some swimming while it stormed away outside. I think all the moms agreed it was hard to watch kids in a crowded pool while attending to babies & toddlers, but the kids all had a good time. This is the boys before we left in their new swimsuits (well, not E, he didn't grow this year)

Friday morning the kids got to play at Boondocks, possibly one of their favorite places of all time. M barely squeaked by the height limit on the kiddie cove, but they let him in "this one last time." Shoot! Afterwards, they discovered DH's old gameboy and were hooked. (Which was good since I had a church activity at my house and needed them to stay out of the way.) I called and told DH, who stopped by Savers on his way home and picked up another for $5. I LOVE that he can ALWAYS do that somehow.


This is me at the end of the week. I was a little tired and resemble a zombie. I'm glad that the "break" is over so I can recover and have a little break.


We were going to go to Lagoon on Saturday, but it was closed because of more snow and rain. We did pick up our passes though, so here's hoping for next Saturday!


1 comment:

boisegrammy said...

I see E got a haircut. Tell him he looks cute.

Sounds like a fun filled Spring Break for the boys and an exhausting one for their mom.