Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some Things I've Made

I really have a lot of other things I could be doing, but I thought I'd spend some time gathering some things I've made this past year. I often forget to take pictures, so there are a lot of things I've made, sold, and shipped that never made it on camera. However, there are a lot I have gotten pictures of. Sorry this is a TON of pictures, but I wanted it all gathered into one post so I could reference it if I needed. Enjoy!

This first one is a diaper bag for a cute baby girl born only yesterday. I used the Sugar & Spice line, from Riley Blake Fabrics, and modified the Amy Butler Everything Bag pattern. I especially loved that I could get the main fabric in a laminated print so I could make a waterproof, wipe-clean bottom and a matching wipe-clean, fold-up changing pad to go with.






Coordinating Easter duds for some friends. I made the skirt, dress, and boys' ties.



Coordinating ties for 2 of the cutest brothers I've seen!

Cute little guy modeling the tie that goes with his sisters' Easter dresses.

This next little girl gets a whole section, since it seems I am her personal seamstress. I started with a newborn quilt, then summer dress she wore when she was just a few months old, followed by a blessing dress, bedroom set, and this year's Easter dress. I wish I could claim making her, she is the cutest little redhead I've seen!




I made the sheet, (plus another one) quilt, and pillows





My boys usually get something made by me for most birthdays & Christmasses. I can't say they are the FAVORITE gifts, but they seem to like getting stuff I've made them.

This isn't a great picture, but I made E a Lego Belt. Also made him the t-shirt to wear that day.

Birthday PJ's

Harry Potter robe I whipped up for Christmas. You can't see the Griffindor patch, but I ordered that online to put on it.

And of course, I'm always making Pilot caps and Lego Shirts for my Etsy Shop. They seem to be the favorites.



This is my Easter skirt for this year, made to match the boys' coordinating green & navy clothing. I didn't wear it for the family pictures, I wore a navy dress, but I wanted a skirt since it's easier to nurse a baby in. It was sort of an experiment with the ruffle sewed underneath into a wide hem. I like how the pockets turned out. Sorry it's a bad picture.


And here is last year's Easter creations. An Easter dress for baby #4, unknown gender at the time, and a skirt for me to match. Couldn't find a great picture of me in it, but you get the idea.


I've made about a bajillion t-shirts, but here are just a few.

Caped shirt that says "Super Bubby" on the front (His nickname is Bubby)

Love this Yoda shirt designed by my talented friend

This is an infant gown made out of an old Beatles shirt of mine. It was WAY too small on C, but we put it on for a picture.

This was also designed by my friend, and just about sums up E

I LOVE that DH and I learned to tie-dye this year. I hope to continue to improve that skill.

If you are a reader who wants to know C's name, this t-shirt I made him may give you a clue. And no, it's not Charles.

I'm glad I can make shirts, because I don't think you can find a Lemony Snicket shirt out there, and my boy M is a big fan. He's on book 10 now.

And a Harry Potter shirt, of course. In fact, this is only ONE of his Harry Potter shirts. (Can you tell the kid likes Harry Potter?)


Okay, I think that's enough for now.

7 comments:

Jody said...

I love all of them especially the diaper bag!!!

Mariam said...

LOVE all of it. You are such an amazingly talented woman. What people might not know about you is you can do all of those super amazing crafts AND have tons of fun with your kids (like super amazing fun mom fun) AND keep a clean and organized home AND have time to be an awesome friend.

Thanks for sharing. I love to see it all.

Jessie said...

You ARE her personal seamstress because her mom can't sew!!! :) And, you can claim her as your own....you've got the red hair to prove it!

Thank you, Kins! You are super talented, and I'm very grateful for that! :)

McGinnis Family said...

You are AMZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! Oh my goodness! you do such a great job and I love your creativity and the pieces you've done! SO DANG CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

Really cute creations! I wish I had learned how to sew.:(

Shelly Stewart said...

Wow, WoW, WOW!!! You really are so amazing Kins! I'm not sure how you find the time for all of this! Plus come up with all of the darling ideas! So incredible.

I am in awe, really. I think I will be calling you to make you my own personal seamstress...I could keep you working full time with all of my someday projects!

Kate said...

That diaper bag turned out so stinking cute!!! Thanks again for the tie and wow--C looks especially cute in the dress you made for him!