Tuesday, January 18, 2011

C me enjoy it

Okay, so if I'm going to enjoy my life it may help to enjoy it publicly- so here it is.

Episode 1 of C me enjoy it:

These are things I enjoy around my house. And lets face it- this is pretty much where I am almost ALL the time these days, so it's good I enjoy parts of it :)


I really enjoy this wall in my living room- even though it is out of date now.

I enjoy collecting cake plates- they are on top of my wall so I don't have to worry about "decorating" the wall and so they don't break- bonus! Something my children really enjoy is decorating for the seasons. I enjoy their enjoyment of it so I indulge them in it. Here is our wall of snowmen for winter.


I don't know how it happened, but somehow I started collecting pigs. This is my pig cupboard and it already has quite a few pigs in it- including but not limited to a lego pig AND a duplo pig. Can you guess who supplies me with the pigs for the pig cupboard?


I like this ledge now that DH has decorated it. It seemed bare before and gave me anxiety whenever I looked at it. I felt like society expected me to decorate it with some kind of fake ivy or something and I really didn't like that feeling. I am happy that it now houses a playmobil train and station (or Bahnhof as it says) that DH has had since childhood.


I am REALLY enjoying this cute little mushroom nightlight I got in my stocking. I keep it here on the top of our headboard. It puts off just enough light to nurse C in the night, and it can be moved anywhere because it doesn't plug in. You just plug it in the wall to recharge it every once in a while. Also, it's easy to turn on/off, you just push on the top! (I promise Target didn't pay me to endorse this product)


I probably don't have to explain why lately I'm LOVING the rocking chair DH and I got each other for Christmas. (In fact, I'm sitting in it right now)

I seriously enjoy this camera. Very much :)

3 comments:

Summer said...

A: I love, love the picture on the side of your boys. So cool.
2: Love the tie dye pic. :)
Tres: I love your house and all the cute ideas you come up with for decorating. I need you to help me with mine.
Shi: Let's play! I like your anchor idea. We need to do something EPIC (to borrow a very overused 2010 word) before we turn 30! :)

Mariam said...

I was just feeling jealous of you last night. I was pondering what my style really was and thought "I wish I knew and was comfortable with my own sense of style like K...." What I love about your house is I know it is YOUR house. I think that is a major accomplishment. Plus you have a super cool style.
(Plus that mushroom lamp, how awesome is that? I might have to buy them in bulk to give as baby gifts)

Christine said...

I have always loved your taste in everything. Decor, fabrics, crafts, clothes. I admire it all. I esteem to have good taste too, but it's something I work on a lot. So, I'll just copy you until I find my niche. :)

I may have to go get a mushroom nightlight now too!