Saturday, October 23, 2010

October Binge- part 1

I feel like the month of October has more activities, treats, parties, etc. than Christmas and Thanksgiving put together! There is SO much for kids to do- I feel like we end up opting out of about half of it but still end up doing a TON! We have done a lot already and have about 4 more activities before the month is over- so I'm splitting this into 2 parts.

First activity was the Enchanted Woods at the Treehouse Museum with some good friends. The kids loved King Arthur sending them on a quest, meeting different storybook characters along the way, and collecting prizes or treats at each place. It was a "non-scary" party and very well organized- we were impressed!


Luke, Superman, Obi-Wan, and Harvest Princess all ready to go in!

Waiting to begin their "quest"

Cutest sock monkey Ever!



One day we went with my mom to Gardner Village to see the witches. It was insanely crowded, but fun. They've come to expect candy from Grandma every time we go- and she didn't disappoint this time!



We've been doing a bunch of Halloween crafts- here is one we did for FHE. We did a few before that and still have sugar cookies in ghost shapes on the list for this Monday.


This is just a funny picture of E. He told me about a month or two ago that he wanted to have "Luke hair" to go with his costume- I have agreed and have only trimmed the front when it grows into his eyes. In this picture, he looks kind of like the Lego guy that I painted on his shirt and we thought it was funny.


I wish I had remembered to take a picture of M before his field trip, but I forgot. Here is E before his. They visited a farm, so he insisted on his "overolls." M went to a pumpkin farm for his too and they both brought home nice big pumpkins.
E had a Halloween program today for his preschool. It was in a barn and the kids sang a whole bunch of halloween songs and rhymes. It was, of course, adorable!


The best part was- he actually sang and participated! After the primary program, I was worried because all he did during that one was pick his nose and sang not one word. This time- no picking at all, and I could actually HEAR him singing.


E with his teacher after the program

3 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

Your kids look PERFECT in their costumes! I think they fit their roles just right!!! Those are some fun activities!

Christine said...

I think you may just have the cutest Jedis ever!

I don't know how you fit in so many activities, but it looks like so much fun!

BTW, I love your spiderweb shirt. Very cute!

Mariam said...

You always have so much fun with your kids, you are a fantastic mom. My kids had a blast at the Enchanted Woods too (and looking at that picture I really need to make K a smaller rose for her dress).
You are a freezer paper stencil maniac! Love the cute shirts.