Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!

The great groundhog found our new house, I guess he's a smart little animal. The boys were very excited about their new ant farm and their Lego Star Wars Wii game. (can you tell who the boring, educational parent is?) Not bad for a little rodent.

Checking out the porch to see if he'd come.

What is it Dad?

He knew what this one was!


Here is a link to last groundhog's day. I know, this is weird, but we're supposed to carry on family traditions, right? And DH will carry on any excuse to go to a toy store.

6 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

The Great Groundhog sure does know how to make kids happy. Hopefully none of the ants get out of their farm.

shelly said...

I always think of your cute tradition on Groundhog Day. You guys are the only ones I know that really make it special. I think it's awesome.

Anneke said...

My kids don't know that the groundhog leaves gifts.. Uh oh, I'm a slacking parent. You are awesome! I really like the Idea. We do, however have a tradition. We watch Groundhog day on Groundhog day. And, I usually make cinnamon rolls.. except for the fact we have made so many sweets the last week I'm gonna skip that part this year. He he...

Amanda said...

What a super cute idea Kinz. I celebrate like every holiday with some crazy tradition but honestly Groundhog day has never occured to me haha. I just may have to start!! Your boys are so darling!

Christine said...

Your groundhog is much more generous than ours! I actually forgot about it completely, oops.

You've got some happy little(big too?) boys there!

Anonymous said...

It nice to have a reason to go to the toy store even if it is "dumb" tradition.