Monday, January 25, 2010

Wedded bliss

I really hate this time of year- and I rarely get my camera out or do anything noteworthy. So here's an episode of flashback Monday for ya:

We were married 8 1/2 years ago, in the Bountiful temple, and had a reception in a neighbor's backyard.


Here we are in a somewhat artistic but strange pose where DH appears to be a stalker in the background, and me, the bride, just innocently here to get solo pictures in her fancy uncomfortable dress.

This is my favorite. I'm thinking he's supposed to be proposing? I will have a hard time saying no seeing as I am already there, at the temple, in my dress, having ordered flowers and everything. "Ok, babe, I guess we may as well."


Knowing my nieces at this age, I can only assume that it really did take all 8 of these adults to talk them into posing for a cute photo in front of the flowers.

I haven't seen Pops in a monkey suit like this one since then- he's looks very nice!

Have some yellow.


Why don't you wink like that anymore, Ann? Why? And Sam- LOVE the orange.


Do you wonder where we went after leaving the reception? Well, first straight to the car wash, then to Chevron to grab something to eat, as we were STARVING!
Should have had some of the cake- we never did get a piece of any of these babies.

This is one of two pictures (exactly alike) taken at the reception we had in Boise the next day. I really regret that happened- it was beautiful, and that night we DID get to eat some of the food. I guess it's a good one to have- the little cuties!

3 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

I will NEVER forget your wedding dress! It was and STILL IS gorgeous!!!! IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

shelly said...

I agree---this time of year is really a drag.

My wedding colors were yellow and navy blue. Yellow is such a happy color--perfect for weddings! What a gorgeous bride you were. What brought on being so nostalgic? Valentines day??

Summer said...

Fun flashback. Your wedding was (still is) the most perfect wedding I've been to.