Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful, and also purses

When we say family prayers at night, we continually have people to thank but can't always do so by name, so I'm putting it out there.................

We are thankful for the anonymous driveway shovellers.

We are thankful for the fun gifts we have gotten every night on our doorstep for the past 4 nights, it is so fun!

We are thankful for the sweet poem we got in the mail entitled "My first Christmas in Heaven."

I am sure there are so many more- that is just THIS week. We are truly blessed.



And just because I am apparently so picture happy lately- here are some pictures of a few new purses I made myself last month since I will be diaperbagless for at least another while. The best about making your own (other than having your own style) is that you can customize the pockets to whatever you need- wallet, phone, keys, even my inhaler has a custom-sized pocket!


Gathered sling bag
Pleated purse
Closeup of pleats- can anyone tell me what these kind are called- I don't know, how embarrassing!

6 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm thankful that there was no snow to shovel at my house when it got so cold.

I love the purses. I think those are box pleats in the second bag. The best part might be the fabric though. You chose very well. Now I'm jealous and think I should break out my sewing machine.

Wight's said...

You amaze me!! You are soooo talented, they are adorable purses, your choice of colors is great to. Keep up the good work!

Mariam said...

The purses turned out WAY cute. Love both of them. (I think it is a box pleat too).

I is always amazing to me how amazing people are, especially when you need a little extra love. But, you guys are easy to love too.

boisegrammy said...

Noelle is right on the pleats. They are called box pleats. Sometimes they are sewn down as you have done and other times they are not.

By the way, the bags are adorable - I agree that the fabric choice is what really makes them stand out.

Jody said...

Wow! Those purses are so cute!!! I want to learn how to make those!!!

Natasha said...

LOVE the bags. MY mom made me one like the first one that is my temple bag, so now I don't have to carry an ugly suit case when I head to the temple!

I love your sewing skills. I wish I had more time to spend with my sewing machine!

Miss you! Hope your little family is doing well.

We got your christmas card, SUPER cute. I love the matching hats on your 3 little guys!!!