Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just Fondue it

After the present frenzy of Christmas morning, we got to talk to my brother, Riley, who is on a mission in North Carolina. While he was talking, DH and I prepared a fondue feast. It was very good! We did a traditional swiss for the cheese, then an oil. We had marinated chicken, steak, ham, shrimp, peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, bread, and a few sauces to dip. We also had a beer batter for the oil, which I thought was really good on the broccoli and carrots. It was fun to try a few new things out of our fondue cookbook and fun to host Christmas dinner as well!

We were too full for the dessert right then, so we waited a while. We ended up going to a movie later on, so we never did do the chocolate fondue.




We found an opportunity on Tuesday night, for my dad's birthday. It was chocolate orange cream, and it was delicious! We had the usuals like bananas, apples, and angel food cake, and a few exotics: mangoes and kiwis. We had graham cracker crumbs and chopped pecans to roll it in after it was dipped as well.




Hungry yet?

3 comments:

Orange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Orange said...

Yes I am hungry for fondue now, but the bigger question is how am I logged into your account from my house????

Mariam

Orange said...

I checked my e-mail there, but that was a while ago?!