Monday, September 28, 2009

5 Days (or more) Left!

I'm getting close to the finish line and am to the point where this baby is keeping me up more at night than he will be after he's born. I can't believe even a newborn is getting up every HOUR like I am now. Here I am yesterday at 39w 1day.


I thought to pass the time I'd post some more of the "fun" parts of having a baby. Here is the 1/2 of the office that is his room. It will be for changing his diapers and the clothes are in the closet in here. I'm sure the crib will be great for storing stuff in ;) I didn't really get much that's new for the nursery decor except the vinyl on the wall and the light switch cover, the rest was all made in 2003-2004 for M.



My mom (the overachiever from whom I came) has made 2 ADORABLE quilts for baby N. Here they are in all their cuteness. I showed her the David Walker Robot Fabric I was drooling over and she made the robot quilt out of it. The other is a cute panel she found at a local quilt shop. It's nice warm fuzzy flannel on the back. If baby N turns out to be a girl, I have been instructed to give them back and she'll make some girly ones. Pretty sure he looked VERY boyish in that ultrasound, though!


Back of the quilt:

4 comments:

amber said...

Oh, so cute, and oh, so fun! I hope that little guy comes soon! ;)

Mariam said...

Love the quits D!!! I can see why you loved that robot fabric, and the rockets too, love it.

I think about you every morning. "Hmmmm, I wonder how K is feeling today?" My mom always says being miserable at the end of your pregnancy is God's way of making you grateful to be getting up every few hours with the baby. Hang in there. You are almost there!

I can't even tell you how excited I am to see his sweet little face. : )

Christine said...

Oh, I LOVE the orange one! I like both, but I LOVE the orange one :) Ya know, this makes it a little harder to figure out handmade gifts for your babies when you've got so much talent in the family and of your own!

I hope the next few to several days goes by as smoothly as possible and we're reading your exciting news soon! You call me if you need anything! You can do this!

Kristine said...

Oh my gosh, so cute!!! You are amazing and now I see where you get it from!