Friday, July 24, 2009

Some stuff I've sewn lately

I had a big party that required prizes and made 14 or 15 gifts for and I forgot to take pictures of! Also a whole bunch of baby clothes that I've given away. I am so bad at that!

So the stuff I CAN take pictures of it stuff for me and baby N and the boys that I've made. I have 2 quilts almost done that I will post when they are finished, but for now, here is some random stuff. I apoligize for the bad lighting and basic camera. Some of the things are way better in person, but the color is a bit off here.

So these first 4 items are things that were made out of an old tie-dye dress that really didn't look good on me anymore. The boys liked it so I made them PJ pants out of it and made baby N a few hats- and it's not gone yet!



Next we have some onesies that I fancied up for baby N. Hopefully he is not too chunky at first, because applique makes the shirt not as as stretchy.




Here is the diaper bag I made. It is Amy Butler's "Everything Bag" diaper bag, so of course I had to use some of her fabric too. All the crazy layers of interfacing is what killed me, though, making the divider was hard. Don't know that I'd ever make it again, but I like how it turned out, and I'm excited to use it.




Made some new wetbags. For those of you who are ??? these are waterproof-fabric-lined bags that zip or close with elastic to keep wet/soiled (cloth) diapers in until you get home. I like that they are washable and more opaque & breathable than a breadbag or ziplock. They can be pricey, so I'm glad I can make my own.


These are a few of the pocket diapers I made for baby N once he gets a little bigger. I made 12.

These are small/newborn diaper covers for baby N


This is a bad picture, but it's a bundler blanket for baby N. It has a hood and ties around the middle to keep him warm. It is flannel on both sides with fusable fleece inbetween, so I'm sure it will be more for winter, but I thought it would be good for when we go outside. Again, an Amy Butler pattern (I got a book of her patterns for Christmas)

6 comments:

Mariam said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the onsies. Too cute! I have never seen any that cute before. (such talent) And, I have to say that no picture could do that diaper bag justice. It is AMAZING.
I sit in awe of your incredible talents. Great job.

Katie said...

Kinz! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing your fun ideas. You need to stop giving things away and selling them instead.

boisegrammy said...

Why aren't you selling these things. You are so talented and I know other moms would love these things.

Christine said...

Oh, they're all fabulous! I LOVE the onesies. I'm so impressed with that diaper bag too - I always think I should make a new one and then look at all the work involved and chicken out, lol.

You're so good!

Summer said...

A. I'm stunned by you...perpetually. 2. So I can't talk you into making me one of those diaper bags?
Tres. I need you to teach me how to sew.
Shi. Are those cloth diapers very difficult/cheaper than buying them?

Erin said...

Holy Crap! I had no idea you are quite the seamstress!! Bravo, each project turn out darling! You seriously are amazing--I agree with the others...you need to sell this stuff.