Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Disneyland Trip- Day 4

The last day of our trip! I'm sure you are all relieved, but I really like to write it down for myself at least, since this is a journal of sorts.

We packed up and got checked out, then since we still had hours until opening, we decided to forgo the free but generally lacking continental breakfast and do breakfast at the La Brea Bakery Cafe in downtown disney. It was yummy. We wandered a bit, but no shops were open. We got to the gates in California Adventure plenty early and got to the rope drop that was closest to Toy Story Mania (not close at all) After doing that twice, we split up, Dad and E did it a third time- M and I rode 3 rides at Paradise Pier, and Mom and DH headed back for their (I think) 3rd and 4th rides on California Screamin' (can you tell they were the thrill riders?) It was a hot day and I got quite the sunburn.

I think the rest did Soarin' again while I took the boys to Playhouse Disney Live, then we rushed to see Alladin, the main reason for the 4 day stay, as it was only playing Thurs-Sat. E got really freaked right before it was about to start and started crying LOUDLY. My mom took him out, but afterwards we found out they ended up watching the whole show, but from the back row, which I guess felt safer for some reason. It was really good and M especially enjoyed the humor of the Genie. He is still repeating some of the more corny jokes.

At this point, we thought E may have a fever, and went to buy Tylenol. If you go to Disneyland, just ask for medicine at the checkout- they have a lot but it's not out on display. Just a tip.

We left California Adventure and went back to Disneyland one last time. We got pictures in front of Walt and the Castle, bought a few last minute things, and rode Buzz Lightyear once or twice.

Then the kids konked out and we had another peaceful lunch, this time in downtown disney on a patio. The DH had a taco cone thingy that looked cool, but was hard to eat.


The rest is all traffic, driving, car sickness, and more driving and traffic. It's not very exciting. We stayed at Buffalo Bill's again (again, the $5) but got in late and crashed.

That's it- and for those who are wondering, NO this is not an annual thing- after my parents took us all to Disneyworld last year, we thought it would be fun to try the California flavor before our family became a little less vacation-friendly (and this is before we had decided to try and sell our house) and then we invited my parents along so they could enjoy watching the boys have fun. We probably won't do Disney again for a while.

1 comment:

shelly said...

I LOVE hearing about your trip, it makes me so excited to take my family! So cute!