Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Disneyland- Day 3


Day 3 of Disneyland- we were right at the front for rope drop- see the thousands of people in back of us? We rushed to Peter Pan, since it was always so insane we still hadn't ridden it- and it's pretty much the boys' favorite ride (every other kid's too) After that, we rode Dumbo, Autopia, teacups- then met up with our good friends the Blacks for the Jedi Training, which M and their son, D were chosen for!

It was way cute to watch these little kids dress in robes and be trained on how to use their lightsabers. When they were done training, the stage lifted up and out came Darth Vader, Darth Maul, and some other guys (I didn't say I was a Star Wars expert) which they had a chance to fight using their new skills individually. M fought Darth Maul, and D fought Darth Vader. It was a really cool show, and a highlight for the boys. We split up and the moms and 3 year olds did Tiki room while the others did Space Mtn. and Star Tours. Then it was Jungle Cruise for the moms and kids (that was crazy being outnumbered by wild children on a crowded boat) After lunch, the dads had a chance to take the kids to Pirate Island while we rode Indiana Jones.

We met up with my parents and had another wet Splash Mtn. experience, this time with all 5 of us that could go so we could buy the picture. It was a pretty jam packed day. I took the Black's daughter, K, to see Pooh and Tigger while they rode Splash, and I got a lot of comments about how lucky I was to get a redhead that looked just like me. She was super confused when the photographer kept telling her to "look at mommy" when I was snapping pictures of her, she was looking everywhere but at ME. It was funny.

(Here are the boys being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa with "Tigger Tails")

We split up at this point and me, my dad, and kids went to Toontown and met Mickey and rode the world's shortest roller coaster.


As a last request by E, we rode Small World, after which the boys fell asleep and we had a nice peaceful meal at the French Market for dinner while they slept in their strollers. After a bit of shopping for some ornaments, we went back to the hotel and E never woke up. M woke up refreshed and wanting to try out the pool, this being his last chance. I was the only taker, so we headed down and I enjoyed the hot tub which was about as hot as a bath.

No comments: