Friday, April 10, 2009

Moving sometime next week!

So, yesterday morning the buyer and her realtor came over and I took them through and we settled everything. We are closing on the 15th!!! (Black Wednesday!!) Not the best day for DH (the Tax Accountant) to get off work to sign papers, but you do what you gotta do.

We are still unsure about when we can actually take possession of the new house, as the current owners don't feel like they can be out in time. (they've only had 3 months warning) We will probably move either next Thursday or next Friday. I would like to know so I can start doing utilities stuff and get word to the good 'ol EQ.

The wondering is finally over, and half or more of my house is already in boxes, yay! I know we will be wary until the ink is dry, but for now we're happy and moving on with the moving on. I can now once again get excited about the garage, kitchen window, etc.

3 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

YAY!!!

That's such great news and I'm so happy it's looking good for next week. We need pics of the new house, too!

Mariam said...

Hip Hip Hooray! The Super Sellers save the day!

Oh, and I would like to have that "fancy luncheon" on April 17th please. : )

Christine said...

Woo-hoo!!!!! I'm so excited for you! When can I take the boys for you? I'm sure there's a lot going on, I want to help!