Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ummm... Happy Thanksgiving?

I think I forgot that I had a blog or something, so I'll pick up with Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! We went to Boise to add to the noise and eat some Turkey and such. Good times. We bowled, went to movies, the beanery, ran around, watched Grammy do dishes, harassed Uncle Patrick while he tried to watch football in the playroom, went to the Fred Meyer sock sale. The kids "helped" Ann put her ornaments up. The usual stuff. It was a nice trip and fun for the kids to see all 6 of their cousins, which is sort of rare.


Every day this month we have awoken to boys begging to do their various advents. They have a Lego one, discussed on DH's blog, a traditional chocolate window one, a storybook one, and the Robertson kind with pockets for each day. So far we've seen the Temple Square lights, (well, not me, but the 3 boys) been to visit Santa at the mall, decorated our tree, decorated my parents tree, watched the 1st Pres. Christmas thing, mailed cards, etc.... Almost every night, we have enjoyed playing "I Spy" using our tree ornaments. Yesterday we had school here and we had a day of imagination. It was a lot of fun, and I remembered a bit of what it is like to be little and imagine anything I want. Tomorrow we are focusing on Service, and I am looking forward to it.



This picture shows that my creative son now makes all his food into sculptures. He is always doing this. (as a result he sits at the table for about an hour after we're done) After I took this picture, he finished the "flower" sculpture by adding the hollowed out apple slices and wobbing up another piece of quesidilla and putting it in the center. Kind of random, but I just thought I should give some blog space to something that takes up so much of my life.

This is E making instruments of his utinsels while simultaneously pretending to be Santa. Dinner is fun at our house.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Only your child would be artsy enough to make masterpieces out of food.

I love Ezra's performance.

boisegrammy said...

Love the pictures and the performance of both boys - one musical, one performance art. Maybe they will be famous some day (and not just in the family).

shelly said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging world! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.
Your boys are darling, as always. I don't think I would have the patience for the sculptures at dinner, you are a much better Mom than me! How creative is that?!