Sunday, December 21, 2008

Getting a Handle on Handel

I, along with my sister and parents, attended the community Messiah and sang in the Chorus. It was really fun but I felt kind of overwhelmed on some of the more unfamiliar songs. The soloists were all really good, the orchestra was good and the man who did the Trumpet solo was amazing. I was thinking when he did the trumpet solo, (it talks about the second coming and the trumpet that will call people forth) that it would be really good if at the real resurrection if they could play that same song, because then it would be easy to know what was going on.

Anyway, I really enjoy The Messiah at Christmastime especially. I'm glad I went.

1 comment:

Christine said...

How fun! That really makes me want to get out my recording right now :) Gotta love The Messiah!