Monday, November 3, 2008

Deep Doctrine

DH posted a few, but I thought I'd put some more, here are some pics of Halloween:

We went to the library Halloween Celebration, where we enjoyed songs, crafts, and lots of stories. Afterward, they all did a "parade" around the library.

We held a playgroup Halloween party at the church.

Then we went to DH's office for trick-or-treating

And of course I don't have pics of that night, but we made it around the block and a little more. The kids were excited to visit their primary teachers' houses and got prizes there as well as candy. Here were our lit up Jacks.


So, off the subject, but M and I went to church together yesterday since E is sick and he said some funny things in Sacrament Meeting.

"Mom, does the bishop live here? I didn't see any bed in his office."

"Mom, they said blood in that prayer, is that because of Halloween?"

"Mom, why do only big boys bring those trays, are the big girls too tired?"

"Mom, why do grown up ladies not have the priesthood? (We have other jobs, one is to be in charge of primary like I help to do. Another is to be a mother) "So what would happen to your body if you had the priesthood, could it not have babies?"

Anyway, it's just funny what he comes up with. To try to keep him quiet, we moved on to learning to write his middle name, which is Oscar. After he had copied Oscar, he asked me to write down "the grouch" for him to copy.

5 comments:

Mariam said...

Ha, I love it! M has always been such a deep thinker. I'm definitely sending that one to Kent.
Your costumes are too cute. Good job.

Katie said...

Your costumes are great! I had a great laugh over the fun church comments!

Bek said...

What cute costumes! I especially like Gage's. Don't kids say the funniest things! Where do they come up with them anyway?

Christine said...

He could pair up with Jack Handy someday. He's on his way already, funny boy!

I'm so glad you posted pictures of you and DH in your costumes. You all look fantastic!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, I just realized that DH's costume is really interchangeable. That is SO cool! I have to know, did you make it?