Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Disneyworld- Days 7 & 8

I think it's time I finished this thing- so here goes:

Day 7 started with a little sleeping in- then we let the kids finish off some uneaten desserts from the fridge for breakfast. E made such a mess on the floor with Chocolate Cake (don't worry, we didn't forget a tip) Then we had to pack up and check out then get our stuff to the storage area, so that took some doing, then we headed back to the Magic Kingdom for our last day. This was the day we'd chosen to have the "family" birthday celebration for M, so he was wearing a shirt I'd made him that said he was 4 and he wore a birthday button. It was a more relaxing day, since we'd done most of the rides in Magic Kingdom already, so we told him he got to do what he wanted. So, of course, we were off to ride Buzz Lightyear first. We had kind of saved this for this day because we knew he'd love it so much. We rode it a few times in a row then headed over to the teacups, another we hadn't done yet. It was a hit! We all did Peter Pan again then E begged for Winnie the Pooh, so he and I did that while M and DH experienced Haunted Mansion again, one of M's favorites, which E has no intention of ever doing again. E got to check out the deserted Winnie the Pooh playground before we all met up in Toontown. Goofy's Barnstormer, a rollercoaster that is small and even E can ride, was a hit, so we did it at least twice (maybe 3x?) before exploring Mickey and Minnie's house. The below picture is E getting off then RUNNING through the line to get on again. I feel bad he wasn't tall enough for any more "thrill" rides because he LOVES them!Then it was our first ride on the train. We got off at Splash Mountain and took M on that, then DH took M to Thunder Mtn. and I went to find E at Pirates. This is when I got a Dole Whip float. Oh, so good! After that a bunch of other people went and got them. We all rode Pirates, then I think we went back to Tomorrowland at this point. DH and I did Space Mtn. and I was reminded of why I hate it. The rest did Buzz again then we all met at the Mike Wizowski Comedy Club thing, where my dad was picked on the whole show, it was hilarious! DH and I shopped with E while the rest went on Stichs Great Escape, which I read was stupid. They said it was the worst ride ever. After getting some final souvineers, we were ready for M's Birthday lunch at Crystal Palace. This was a buffet, sort of Mediterranean, really GOOD food. The Characters from Winnie the Pooh were there. They brought him a game and a cupcake with a candle and we all sang. Aunt Whit gave him an Astro Blaster. It was a good time! We still had a few snack credits so we got some fudge and stuff at the candy store and were on our way. We had to go to the airport, then get a shuttle to another hotel, closer to the airport. The kids slept through all this transferring, it was crazy! We swam, walked to a Wendy's for dinner, the brothers gave M some birthday gifts.


Day 8-
The next day we were up super early for our flight home, which was pretty smooth. The first leg was fine, then we had a 2 hr. layover, where we got lunch, and the boys "ran on the lines" on the floor. We got to use the Crown Room in Orlando, which was nice. The second leg E slept the WHOLE 3 hrs. and M at least 2. Then we were home.

Aren't you glad this is over and I can get back to my usual boring posts?

4 comments:

annzy said...

Yeah!!! Teacups my favorite!

Lucy van Pelt said...

You got some GREAT pictures of everyone and it sounds like it was really fun. I can't wait to go in 2012!!!

sara said...

Kins - It sounds like you had a great vacation! It will be something you will always remember! And...don't think your posts are boring...I always read them!

shelly said...

You'll be so glad you documented all of your vacation, but what a lot of work for you! It sounds like you guys had so much fun! I can't believe everything you guys did!