Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our trip to Paris!

Paris, ID, that is. ha ha.

Sunburned around the hairline and on the back of my legs, tired, bug-eaten, 5 lbs. heavier, and still faintly smelling of smoke, I'm back and I had a great time!

The kids have never been camping for more than one night, and I don't believe they've ever swam in a lake, so this was a weekend getaway filled with several firsts. First ice cave, first time popping corn on over fire, first dutch oven cobbler, first time drifting on air mattresses for hours, and first wild-snake sighting.

Most surprising thing: How obsessed my boys are with babies (uh oh, that made me a little baby hungry)

Most annoying: I know they're supposed to "be dirty," but E really goes above and beyond his duty and it is gross when they are eating with their dirt-covered hands.

Saddest: E was "stunged by a beeb" right before we left, so the whole time he was shrieking with fear of the bugs flying around.

Best part ever: (M) dumping sand on "that lady" (my aunt) (E) dumping water on "that lady" (same aunt) (me) The fun little b-day celebration they had for me complete with a candle that said "27" (DH) The food

Cutest thing ever: When M and his little cousin, H hugged goodbye. They looked so sad :(

And here are a whole bunch of pictures that I think are cute but probably nobody else does! (that one was for you, Shelly)


















5 comments:

Christine said...

that looks like so much fun! makes me want to go camping until I think about the challenges of four kids running around near fire and water . . . :)

Mariam said...

Looks like lots of fun. My kids are like yours, it seems like if we are not at home, they are filthy. At least they are washable.
I hope we have as much fun at Palisades.

Summer said...

that so makes me want to go camping--wanna go? how about we leave the kids home and have a nice peaceful campout? that sounds like so much fun.

shelly said...

LOVE the pictures! Your boys crack me up with their darling expressions! Looks like lots of dirty fun!

McGinnis Family said...

Wow, looks like you guys had fun :