Thursday, July 31, 2008

Now I'm Old

I just wanted to post a big thank you for a great birthday!

Tuesday I turned 27, which I feel like sounds a lot older than 26 for some reason, even though technically with rounding up, they are both 30. Anyway, now I'm old.

The day started with the DH making me some cinnamon-pecan pancakes with a candle in. We ate those and then I got to open my huge present. Really this is so exciting for me!
A piano!

I haven't had one in my home for 9 years or so, so I'm extremely rusty (and wasn't that great to begin with, only took lessons through 5th grade) but I've been practicing any chance I get and am excited to get better.

I also got some jelly beans from the boys. (yum!) and a big THANKS to MIL and FIL for the sweet spatula, disney dollars (which I was instructed to spend frivolously) and the cutest clear stamps (I love those!)

It was a good birthday. As we do many a summer day, we went to Cherry Hill and swam. We went with some good friends and at lunch, DH got a coconut creme pie from the Pie Pantry and we had a little celebration. Thanks guys, that was fun!


Dinner was lovely, at the Mandarin in Bountiful. Just the DH and I and some scrumptious food (and a table of several members of the 70 next to us) Then we went Christmas/birthday shopping for the kids. (I know, this is ridiculous, but we don't often get to shop without them)

In a few hours we are going camping at Bear Lake where I will have my little birthday celebration with my fam, we're all looking forward to some beautiful views, cold water, and relaxation in the dirt.

3 comments:

Jill Hess said...

I didn't know it was your birthday, congrats! Sounds like such a fun day!!! (And you are not old!!!)

Christine said...

Happy birthday!!!!! I'm glad it was a good day. I'm so excited for you about your piano - come over and borrow music anytime :)

shelly said...

I'm pretty much the worst friend ever! I'm sorry I have been so consumed with my own life that I neglected you on your special day! I think I even talked to you that day about v.t. and I did not even know it was your b-day. Please forgive me and let me make it up to you, lets so lunch!