Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bowling, Cache Valley, Cooking, and a Parade

I have wanted to do a post about something interesting, but I'm just too tired lately. My allergies cause such fatigue... Anyway, so here's the same 'ol "what we did this week."

We had a lot of fun at playgroup on Wednesday bowling. E had bowled before, but I don't think he remembered. M was actually pretty good, holding the ball correctly and getting a score of 90 including a strike, all without my help. (bumpers, of course, make that a little more doable for a 3 year old) Of course, we all know the coolest part is the shoes you get to wear!

E I think threw the most gentle balls, all of us breathlessly waiting the 3 minutes it took for the cute little 6 pounder to make it to the end of the lane.


Forgot to take any pics, but on Thurs. we went up to Cache Valley (just me and the kids) and had a nice visit with my Grandma & Carl in Hyrum, then headed to the Bluebird to meet uncle Che for dinner. M has been begging to eat there for months. No doubt inspired by the chocolate you get to pick out at the end of your meal. He wasted his meal but I caved and still got the chocolate for him, which he surprisingly had room for. After that we went to swim at Uncle Che's pool. It must have been a good time because we lost track of time and were in there at least a few hours. Thanks Che!

That night, DH went to my Girlfriend's Cooking Club for me, since I was in Logan. I think he quite enjoyed being a girlfriend for the night. Here's what I made this month (the Quesadillas)

Friday night we decided to use the DH's yearly b-day giftcard from work and go to a movie all together as a family. Keep in mind this is a FIRST. I had taken M to a movie in January and it didn't go so well. E had not been at all. After a total of 3 time-outs in the hall and a great ongoing game of musical chairs, we had been to our first movie at a (non-drive-in) theater. We saw (well, most of..) Wall-E. Great show :)


Yesterday we just had to catch another parade, there are only so many opportunities! We went to the Farmington Festival Days parade and checked out the park after. It was nice and cool and all in the shade. A few of my cousins were in the various bands that played. After that, my parents treated all of us to lunch at Cafe Rio. Yumm! And THANKS mom and dad!



P.S. While I write this, E is begging me for a "chocolate cucumber" Don't know where he's heard of those?!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

You've been busy havin' all this fun!

I can't wait to try the 'dillas!

shelly said...

I'm sad I missed the bowling play date, I heard it was a lot of fun! I decided it would be a little too much with 5 young kids, plus we weren't having a very good morning.
Your kids are darling as usual!

Marf said...

Ah, the Bluebird! I love Logan!! How is Carl and your Grandma? I loved your pics of bowling and all the fun 4th things! I hope you are doing well!! Love ya!

Christine said...

Oh c'mon, you know chocolate cucumbers, don't ya? Yeah, me neither!

I'm impressed with all you do. I'd be tired too! But it'll be nice when allergy season is over.