Monday, March 10, 2008

In my purse today

This is slightly embarrasing for me, but you could all tell if it was fabricated, so I have to just record it how it is. This is probably the weirdest tag I've ever done. I got tagged to do this by Tash.

This is my "purse," as it was found a few minutes ago and it's contents. It's used much less frequently than the "giant chicken bag," which I have also chronicled (see "giant chicken bag" below)

Inside was found to be:
Dried apple crumbs from a food storage demo at a Stake Women's conference one time.
An almost-empty bottle of Clifford Farms Orange Blossom Lotion
An empty container of M&M's mini's that my mom gave to me in hopes of me someday storing a roll of quarters in.
Two different Lightning McQueen cars
A tube of CO Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine- Peppermint
A reminder card for a dentist Appt. in September
A receipt for Tai Pan Trading for a bunch of fake carrots
Receipt for Chevron
Sticky note Listing dinner reservation plans for Disneyworld/Another one for park plans
A reciept for Burger King- lunch I brought to DH at work one day
A coupon with the plans for this Wednesday's RS Dinner menu/plans on it (it's a coupon for flour- do you think I can still use it with writing all over it?)
A reciept for Phazes Salon for my hairdo in January (I left a $4.o0 tip- is that bad?)
Creepy looking duck and rooster head finger puppets (no clue where I got these)
And of course, a mouse nose.





Giant Chicken Bag- The "diaker bag"
Red fleece pants, 4T
Blue undies
3 Toy horses
An orange pipe cleaner or "bendy sick"
Little shooting disks from lost McDonalds toy
A magnetic Snow White tin/game thingy
A purple sippy full of water
An empty fruit snack wrapper (peanuts)
A box of raisins
Baggie of lightly salted peanuts
TaxWorks pen
My keys
My "magic" wallet DH got me from Downeast for $1 and scratched off the initials that weren't mine.
My cell phone- (so that's where my phone is! sorry if you've been trying to call)
A toy incredibles cell phone that sometimes spouts off in the middle of the freaking night
A one-piece outfit, 24 mos.
A really cute wet cloth diaper bag (see the Etsy shop of my friend Chris)
A diaper (fuzzi bunz, circa 2004, size L)
Some wipes

Incidentally, this giant chicken bag was based on a former, much-too-loved Curious George diaper bag made by the very friend who tagged me for this exercise, Tash. I just couldn't fit all this stuff I "need" to carry around once I had E, so I made me a Chicken one. Full circle.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I think we need to trade lessons....I'll give you a few organization/decluttering tips and you can give me a few sewing tips! ;)

I was hoping you could help me fix my "hooter hider"....the snap came off of the fabric and I have no idea how to mend it!

Christine said...

That's all? LOL. Those bags are adorable!

I feel like I'm eavesdropping, but you can always use my snap press to fix Jessie's hooter hider, lol!

Mariam said...

At least you only have 2 bags full of "stuff". I have way too many bags with who knows what. I think the worst is my church bag.

PJMcD said...

Duck and rooster finger puppets??????? There's a twisted side to you Sister R, twisted I tell ya!!!!!!

Orange said...

Okay, Mury, I don't only have 2 bags of stuff, don't worry. :) These are just the most frequently used. I have 2 other diaper bags full and probably 4 more purses with "stuff" in them!

Thanks for the offer Jes, but my bags are just how I want them. I could spend a lot more time organizing (I know how) but it's not my hugest priority- that's how I have time to sew and do things I LIKE :)

Natasha said...

LOVE the giant chicken bag! Sooo cute. too bad the curious george one is too small. . .I think I still have some of that fabric. . . .