Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love Birds

The first person to get my husband a paying client (tax business) wins a pair of lovebirds from my flock.



Also, a huge THANK YOU to my friend Shelly for bringing us dinner on Monday. We were all feeling yucky, and it was very much appreciated. The bread bowls were awesome, and E especially enjoyed the soup. So much, he finished it off from the serving bowl!



In other news, we had the first of 8 parties to anticipate our trip this September to Disneyworld. This month, we viewed the movie Lilo & Stitch, and had a Hawaiian feast with Kalua Pork bowls, Mele Kalikimaka punch, and coconut bread bar. We are watching movies that are not as well known so we know what the rides are all about. Next month is Dumbo, but everyone is looking forward to July's "Song of the South" we have planned, since that movie is pretty much impossible to find. (thanks Cosmos!) So you may think I'm crazy, but I came up with this because I think planning for a trip like this is part of the fun.




5 comments:

shelly said...

I love my "love birds"! You are so crafty-I'm so lucky to benefit. I put them on my stove and they look so cute!
I totally forgot about your party, it looks like the kids had a ball.
I'm glad you enjoyed the soup, I really slaved over it all day!!!

Mariam said...

You are such a fun and creative mom. Your party looked like so much fun. I never would have thought to have a party in anticipation to a trip, what a fun idea.

Christine said...

That looks like tons of fun! What a great idea! I may have to copy you for our California vacation coming up. The kids would love it.

Jessie said...

What a fun way to prepare for Disneyworld!

Your birds are adorable!

Summer said...

Wow. What a great idea. You guys will probably have more fun memories from all the parties than on the actual trip!