Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's loud here today.

The jam sessions around here can get pretty intense. Especially when E is playing, he REALLY likes him some drums!
In other news, we've been pretty boring lately (being a bit confined by only one car running) but we did manage to make it out to Farmington Bay bird refuge with Grandma to see the hundreds of bald eagles there. They boys had a great time getting muddy. For M, the highlight was seeing a dead carcass of a partly eaten carp, and for E it was the thought of maybe getting pooped on by the one overhead. Can't beat a free activity like that.

(that tree in the distance is covered in Eagles, you can't really see very well though)


Lastly, can any of my loyal readers recommend a good exercise video?

Why? I have been horrible lately (like for the past year) about getting sweaty. I used to rely on packing the boys in slings and nursing to burn off those calories I'm so fond of, but now that they're older I have let it slide. It is REALLY hard to get to the gym because of the limited hours and child care issues, but I've resolved to get there at least once a week. For those other 2-3 times I'm shooting for, I need something I can do while they sleep. A treadmill is way too much money, but a video is okay I guess. I already have Yoga conditioning for weight loss, but that's it. I am extremely uncoordinated when it comes to aerobics that resembles dancing, but I am pretty open minded.

Also, if you see me ask me if I've exercised today, I need some pressure to get up off my lazy butt.

8 comments:

Natasha said...

Windsor Pilates baby! That's my trick
I LOVE them. They have a 20 min. workout that is AWESOME, then they have other workouts, such as buns and thighs, arms and abs etc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! I don't get too sweaty, I work out all the right areas.

look for them on e-bay. . they are cheaper

Jessie said...

I was going to mention Windsor Pilates too! That's what I have, and when I do it loyally, I love it! I have some if you want to borrow one to see if you even like it.

Christine said...

A third voter for Windsor Pilates. The 20 minute video is excellent when you want to exercise and just don't have a lot of time. It really does make a difference and I definitely notice fewer headaches and backaches when I regularly do it. Which isn't lately at all. Nursing may burn calories but I'm sure eating chocolate every time I sit down to do it is just negating it, lol.

shelly said...

I don't have any videos but I need to get one too, I think my body needs some strength training. I've been doing the treadmill thing and it does make me work up a sweat...however I'm not seeing results. Maybe we can motivate each other. We should be able to start walking soon, you interested?

Orange said...

Sure Shelly! As long as we have a time when we can both go. I have a stroller that fits my kids, but I've never tried to "exercise walk" with it. I bet it would work though. But how are you going to haul 3 going on 5 kids around in the summer? Better do it at night (when it's dangerous) and the kids are in bed.

Mariam said...

You know I am sooo awesome at exercising, ha-, but I really like my weight/medicine ball. They are about $6, and there are so many exercises you can do with them. And, you can exercise while the kids are watching YO GABBA GABBA : ) D and I have been playing the sit-up game with it lately. We lay down on the floor, and I put my feet on his. We then do sit ups while we pass the weight ball back and forth.

Summer said...

Kins, have you exercised today? Seriously, get off your lazy bum!

Summer said...

I hope you sensed the sarcasm, because if anyone needs that reminder, it's me!