Monday, November 12, 2007

Once was sad, now happy

For nearly a week, my camera has been lost. The DH and I looked high and low to no avail. Finally, today I thought to look in my bathrobe pocket, and there it was! So I now have the rest of the story on the bread, and some pictures of the past week taken with my old camera.

The bread was pretty good. I took a few of the loaves to other people. I made homeade tomato soup to go with and it was really good! What was weird to me was: a) it took nearly 20 hours to rise, but was still pretty flat (house too cold?) and b) I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 5 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose, yet it totally seemed like wheat bread. Crazy.

M wanted me to make him a sling for his baby. Now they fight over it constantly. E had requested a blanket for his, but now wants nothing to do with it. Oh well.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

20 hours? Wow, you are one patient lady! It looks yummy!

Glad you found the camera. Cute sling!

Lucy van Pelt said...

Aren't kids so fickle? It cracks me up. I jealous of the sourdough bread though. It looks delicious!

annzy said...

Is that Chet Virgle? I love the sling though that is so cute.

boisegrammy said...

I guess you might as well plan on doing two of everything for the boys for the next few years. The sling is just what that baby (Chet Virgil?) needed to be comfy.

Summer said...

yeah for finding missing things! Of course it was in your bathrobe pocket, why didn't you think of THAT before?
Yummy bread. I've tried to be lowkey about baking/cooking for a few days--gearing up for the big T-day. (not that I have to cook much, just rolls and sweet potatoes)
love the sling.

Summer said...

Oh, and ps, I've secured some pictures from the mom... don't worry we're talking in code (P-A-M) :)