Thursday, April 19, 2007

Obsessions

obsession: 1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety. 2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion. 3. A perfume by Calvin Klein.

lucy van pelt tagged me for the obsession meme. I am supposed to list five things I am obsessed with right now. This is not easy for me to think of, but here it is...

• Rick rack –It actually takes a lot of willpower for me to sew something and NOT put some rick rack on it somewhere. I just think everything is better with it, but of course, not everybody thinks this way, so I have to restrain myself at times.

• Watching Gilmore Girls –Sadly, I share this obsession with many others. It doesn’t help that DH shares this with me. I missed several of the earlier seasons, but I have to agree that the writing is just not the same anymore.

• Nursing – Obsession is not the right word, but this is probably the thing I do most often, by default of having a baby. Especially with E, he is showing no signs of slowing down.

• Checking Mothering–When I actually get a chance to post anything there, I like to see if anyone has responded to my posts. Also, I just like to go there a lot for advice about things in general.

• Washing my face- I have probably only missed my “face washing routine” a few times in the last 15 years or so. Even when DH and I were dating, and I’d get in at 4am, I would still wash, moisturize, etc.. You’d think I’d have great skin as a result, but I don’t. I take comfort in the fact that maybe it would be worse if I hadn’t.

I have only one person I could tag that hasn’t already been tagged, tash, you’re it.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm so with you on the Gilmore Girls. My DH hates it, so I get to watch it on my own. I'm hoping the last few episodes we have this season will improve. At least they quit having that thing at the end where four women in a restaraunt talk about what they saw on the show. That was even more silly than this season's writing.