Monday, January 23, 2012

New bedrooms!

The boys all moved bedrooms recently.

M got a new one built for him and was excited to pick out the paint and carpet himself (luckily he chose well or we would have had a hard time with letting him;) He likes robots so I made him a robot quilt and got some awesome vinyl robots from HERE. DH did this whole room himself except the drywall (I helped too) He built a lot of shelving that we thought would be enough but we ended up having to get him a bookshelf as well. So many legos to display.

I modified a curtain I got at a clearance sale and we painted a bed (bought from a neighbor who moved) with paint another neighbor gave us. Bought the table/chair at Ikea and painted it to match the bright orange door :) Lighting from Ikea Kids, he loves his reading lamp. Very budget-friendly room! (well, after it was built anyway)





E wanted to change from a cowboy theme that they had in their shared room to a Lego one. Pretty easy to do, and we put up the shelves he had in their old room.



There is still a lot of "cowboy" stuff in there, but I did the best I could making what he described in vinyl and making him a Lego art name to hang up. He still wants Lego men on the curtains and wants to paint the walls green. We'll see. He sort of got leftover & hand-me-down furniture, so I splurged and let him choose a new lamp (on clearance) at Target. He LOVES it!



C's room is the one M & E shared before. I figured it made more sense to have him closest to our room since we make trips into it several times a night. (grr!) We just moved all his stuff over. Pretty much the same as before, except now he doesn't have to share his room with a bunch of Legos- AND I can actually let him play in there (see the toys everywhere? LOVE IT!)





(I was too lazy to blur out all their names so just pretend I did okay?)

8 comments:

Anneke said...

LOVE!!!!

Lucy van Pelt said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of work. I have to say though, my favorite thing about all the rooms is the orange door. LOVE that!

Unknown said...

Lucky boys all get their own room. What a ton of work and it all looks great! I need to do more shelves in my boy's room for display...we have Star Wars legos models coming out our ears!

Christine said...

They all look fantastic! I love all the colors and accessories. I bet the boys are thrilled!

Christine said...

They all look fantastic! I love all the colors and accessories. I bet the boys are thrilled!

Amber said...

Super cute! Love the blue, orange and green for M.. and E's lego name rocks! Way to go team! :)

Jody said...

GREAT JOB! Love them all!

Katie G. said...

These rooms look awesome! I'm still working up the nerve to do Annie's room.